- Why am I always expected to be the grown-up? Maybe I just want to be a friggin bitch, ok? Seriously, I don't always want to be the one that gives in. It's really pissing me off. BUT I can't say anything because I'm supposed to be the mature one. Yeah, right. Just hand me my Depends and get away from me.
- On that note, let me be the grown up for just a minute and talk to you about cholesterol. Yes, the Silent Killer. It's called this because high cholesterol can cause heart disease and hardening of the arteries and you won't have any symptoms until it's too late. Someone asked me how come cholesterol medications are supposed to be taken at night. The reason for this is that your body makes cholesterol at nighttime. The most common type of medication for treating high LDL (bad) and low HDL (good) is called a "statin" (simvastatin, atorvastatin, pravastatin, etc). Some of the statins are more effective when taken at night, however some have a long enough half-life that it doesn't really matter. It is a good rule of thumb to take them at night tho (or with the evening meal) because overall this will give you the most benefit, especially if you have to change medications due to insurance reasons. However, if you can only remember to take your meds in the morning, then take it then. The important thing is daily dosing.
- My hubby is sick. I wonder if he has the flu. I wonder if he's gonna start oinking. Half the varsity Dance team at our high school has swine flu... we don't have dancers in our gaggle of girls... I wonder how hubby got it.... Hmmm.
- Why is there so much dog hair in my house? I think I'm going to make another dog out of it. Seriously. At least the new one won't poo.
- Just where have all the cowboys gone?
- How come Jessica can have a GPA that sucks as much as it does get such a high freaking score on her ACT? How come it finally clicks that she needs to do her homework when she only has 3 semesters left? How is she ever gonna make it in the real world without her mama?
- Why is rain on a wedding day good luck?
- Speaking of, where are all the men in kilts? I really like looking at them. I mean I really like it.
- It's raining like crazy and thunder and lightning. I'm ready to go snuggle in bed (with my oinky husband).
- Happy Tuesday!
Monday, September 21, 2009
First of all let me say thanks so much to Un-Mom for turning me on to Random Tuesday Thoughts.