Woo Hoo! It seemed like Friday would never get here, but it's finally arrived and we can say we've made it thru another week. If you've been keeping up with me on my last couple posts, you know I have had a fairly crappy week and I'm more than ready to start a new one.
Here are some things I am happy about:
- Tonight I am going to a Hootenany. Yep. Seriously. Cowboy hat and all. It's our first Junior Service Club meeting of the year. Each year there are themes and this one is western, cowboy, whatever. My motto for the year: Save the Horses: Ride a Cowboy! But, I'm still drinking wine, not beer.
- Is it hot in here??
- I'm spending the whole day Saturday with my wonderful hubby. First we are going to the Cardinal's game and watching them stomp the Cubs. I might even get to meet up with CBT who not only exists because he is a blogger, but is also an old high school friend. Plus he owes me money since the Cards are spanking the Cubs.
- After the game hubby and our friends are going out to dinner
- Then we are heading to the Blues game. I will definitely have enough sports for one day. But since I get to play with my main man it'll all be good. Plus I'll have wine.
- My technician just told me that I am happy to be working with him because he is my all time favorite tech. Well, I like a lot of them, but yeah, he's pretty good. Just ask Goose, he belongs to her!
- I'm happy that the front hall is cleaned and vacuumed. You'll never guess who did it. Me. Yep. Kids won, I lost. I couldn't stand looking at it so I vacuumed before work today. After I cleaned the bathroom. I need a house keeper.
- I'm happy I've gotten 5 new followers in the past week. Welcome to my humble world. I hope you have fun.
- I'm happy that I've gone 5 full days without a fight with my daughter (formally known as #5, but I'll just call her J). We tend to butt heads a bit. She's too much like me I think. We are working on it though.
- My tech says I'm happy about him some more... so I guess I am!
- I'm happy that I didn't get bitten by the 50 freaking brown recluses that I stumbled upon. Seriously happy. We were at the house where the party is tonight setting up and someone had a bunch of cowboy junk in her attic for us to use tonight. Many of the spiders were dead, but there were several live ones. I don't normally shriek like a girl (unless it's a wasp or hornet) but today I did. Those suckers were HUGE and FAST and SCARY. And yes, I had several women come and take a look, we are pretty darn sure they were brown recluses.
- I've been trying to lay off the Starbucks because I've been going twice a day. So the past couple of days I made coffee at home and drank that. It was pretty good, but not the same. So today I'm happy that both my kid J and my sister Barb brought me a grande skinny caramel latte from Starbucks! It was a super nice treat and it made my day.
- Are you feeling like a Happy Hour Friday? If so, click on good ol' Mr. Linkey here and join in the fun. Don't forget to stop by and see Otin!