Welcome to the very first installment of Happy Hour Friday! Last week Otin and I got a little bit harassed about being downers on a Friday afternoon, so we came up with this gem. Actually, Otin get's the credit, I'm just hanging onto his apron strings. Also, big big kudos to Hit 40 at Sane Without Drugs for making our picture. They both totally rock! And yes, I know it's only Thursday night, but we want you to be happy all day long. Plus, it's already Friday on the other side of the world you know!
Here are some things that make me Happy:
- I feel honored and special and all gushy inside that Otin asked me to co-host Happy Hour Friday with him.
- I'm so happy I came out to visit my mom. It's totally a coinky-dink that Blog Camp Reno is here this weekend...
- I gotta tell you, I was worried about the mom visit, even more than werewolves and axe murderers running amok. Seriously. She's 82, recovering from a broken hip, and really just not herself lately. On the phone she's been kinda cranky and crotchety. However, just for me, she put this on:
- I'm not too thrilled that the picture is blurry, I had a better one but for some reason Blogger didn't like it. Oh well, I'm only posting happy stuff today, and you can still see her t-shirt and that's what counts. I told you she was an Outrageous Older Woman!!
- I'm also so happy I am in Nevada because I love the view from my parents house:
- Not only do I get to see my mom and my new bloggy friends from Blog Camp Reno, but I also get to see one of my bestest real live friends. World, meet Schmecky. Schmecky, meet the world (ok just my little portion of the blogosphere, but it's my world!)
- Yep. That's her piranha face. She makes me laugh. Constantly. And that is a very happy thought for a Friday
- Here are the flowers she brought for me and mom: (isn't she thoughtful?)
- I'm so happy everyone is so interested in my chicken apple chili recipe! I'll get it to you, I promise! I think I'll wait til I get home tho so I can be sure to get the amounts right... but if any of you are the daring sort in the kitchen I can give you what I remember!
- I just made the chili without a
netrecipe and we were 3/4 the way thru dinner before I remembered the garlic. I totally forgot about it. Oh well. We have wine.
- That reminds me... I'm happy about wine.
- I just asked Mom and Schmecky what they were happy about. Mom says she's happy I'm here. Schmeck says she's happy to be sitting at a table with someone other than her dog.
- Otin is happy about lots of stuff. Be sure to check him out! You can also go to the other participants below to see why they're so happy.
- What are you happy about??