1. List 7 things that make me awe-summm!
2. Pass the award onto 7 bloggers that I love
3. Tag those bloggers to let them know they are now Queens too (and link back to the Queen who tagged you
7 things that make me awe-summmm!
- I spend a good deal of my time doing volunteer work. It started a few years ago at Christmas when the kids kept asking for stuff and kept getting it. I realized that they have no concept of money and husband and I thought they needed a good dose of reality. We had them volunteer anywhere they wanted for a few hours. Then husband and I realized we were pretty hypocritical since we didn't do anything either. Since then we have become involved with several charities in our area; I'm on the Board of our local Habitat for Humanity and the Family Selection Chair, I am a member of the local Junior Service Club which is a non-profit organization that helps needy families in our community, and I volunteer as often as I can at Hope Animal Rescues (which is where we got our Jenny).
- I, like Ice Queen, also always pick up after my dogs. I can't stand that some people think I won't mind stepping in a big pile of dog
shitpoop, but really I do mind it. Especially because I really like my shoes. The point is, if you are going to have a pet you need to be responsible for cleaning up after it when you are in public places like bike trails, parks, etc. Now, in my own yard I don't go pick it up. I figure that if you're walking around my yard then a) you know me well enough to know that I have 2 dogs and b) you are careful enough to look for land mines.
- I am surrounded by teen age girls and have not shot, stabbed, maimed, marred, or damaged any one of them.
- I dress for the weather. I'm sorry but one of my pet peeves is seeing someone in a pink suit in the middle of december with sleet and snow and slush. Umm, your pretty pink pumps don't look right in that puddle of grimy snow melt. That also goes for the woman wearing the black velvet dress when it's 95 degrees out. Yes, I saw this woman at the pharmacy on friday. I wish I had my camera. Black velvet. On the hottest day we've had so far. That's just nuts.
- I never ridicule people for wearing inappropriate clothes...at least not to their faces. I only do it in the blogosphere. And, in my defence, I really would never talk about someones ability or inability to afford clothes. It's only that really, how about a t-shirt and shorts? Is black velvet all you had? In the middle of the day? When it's hotter than hades out??
- Crap. Now I feel all bad for being catty about this woman and her clothes. See, I am nice. Usually.
- I love almost all dogs. There are some that I think personalities just don't mesh, but for the most part dogs just want to love you and to be loved and there are no strings attached. Same with kitties. I love kitties but I have a daughter that is highly allergic and we just can't have them in the house. She's a senior in high school though so maybe in a few years...