- I am happy that it is only one week til Christmas. This is my favorite week ever. I love the excitement in the air and the good will towards men. People tend to be a little bit nicer. Okay, that's not always true, sometimes they are grumpy and bitchy and whiny and annoying, but FOCUS PEOPLE it's Happy Hour.
- Actually I love October, November, and December. Best three months of the year if you ask me.
- It is just 2 weeks until my birthday. What are you gonna get me?
- At first I was a little annoyed about the plans for my birthday. We share season tickets to the St. Louis Blues with Barb and there is a game on New Year's Eve. Now let me just tell you that I don't
entirelyfeel that the world revolves around me, but I think that since it's my birthday we should do something that I want to do. I like going to Blues games, but seriously. Not on my day, okay? Well, it turns out that we are going to the game. Why is that okay? Because we are going to leave early and head 2 blocks down and see Erin Bode and have dinner. Then we are staying downtown for the night in the Westin which is right next door. If you're not familiar with Erin be sure to check out her website. She has the most amazing voice I've ever heard. In fact I'm listening to her Christmas cd right this very minute.
- Only 3 days til I get to see my momma. Yep, that outrageous older woman.
- Hopefully I'll be able to check in with some of the fabulous bloggers I met at Blog Camp Reno in September. I just came across this post and it made me giggle again... go check it out. I'm sad that Ali won't be there this time, but Barb will be there to pick up her slack. Plus I'll for sure get to see my friend Schmecky (aka Zena, pseudoblogger), Sara and I are gonna try to make our schedules mesh so we can play, and I have a friend from college that I haven't seen in several years and we are going to try to play also. If you're in the area let me know and we can play too! Unless you are an ax murderer. That would totally suck to have my family hacked to bits at Christmas time.
- I haven't worked all week. This is an okay thing, not great as the money would be nice to have, but it's not a horrible thing either because I've been doing stuff this week that I wouldn't have had time to do if I were working. BUT I got TWO calls today for me to work TOMORROW. Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to clone myself so I can only work one of the places. Although in all honesty, if I did figure out how to clone myself I wouldn't have all of my selves working. Several of them would be on vacation. All the time. All over the world. It'd be great.
- I've gotten several new followers in the last couple weeks. Thank you thank you and welcome to my little corner of cyberspace. I hope I don't bore you to pieces.
- December 17th is my daughters 17th birthday. Yep, it's her golden one. The one that is supposed to be the best. I always feel sorry for people who have their 'golden' birthday when they are young. How the hell are you gonna know if it was your best year ever? I can truly say that mine was indeed the best year ever, mainly because I fell in love with hubby (gak I know at least one of you just threw up in your mouth a little bit... but it's true).
- Both Jenny and Juneau got to go to the spa today and they look and smell wonderful. Hey, doggies need spa days too. Don't judge.
- Okay I think that's plenty of stuff to be happy about.
- Oh wait, update: I was, in fact, not the drunk spouse at hubby's work Christmas party. I don't think there was one that really stood out this year. However, people were still talking about the drunk spouse from last year. I felt kinda sorry for her... but she was under tight control this year. And, ps, I looked fabulous. Except my ankles. Really. The dang hose I was wearing kept trying to bunch at the ankles. I had to adjust several times until the room got full enough that people weren't looking at my ankles. It kinda pissed me off, but then I just had another glass of wine so I was okay. Besides, I was one of the younger ones in the room last night so I doubt that anyone noticed my ankles.
Update: this afternoon while I was counting to 333 I was also thinking about my post and realized I made a grievous mistake. Our Christmas trip to Reno will also be down one fabulous blog camper: Shannon. She lives over the mountain and far away and will probably not venture the pass (Donner's pass, you know the early settlers that resorted to cannabalism while stuck in the mountains). Anyway, Shannon, sorry for my oversight. And if you do venture over the pass please come play with us!