If you've been hanging around for a while then you know that Otie and I host a Happy Hour every Friday. Otie has the Mr Linky at his site (yeah, I let him have control of it, kinda like the remote, you know the guy has to hold it to feel manly).
- I am so happy that it is perfectly acceptable to drink alcohol after spending the day with your PIA sister... and I don't mean Barb. This is not gonna be a rant, but I'll have plenty to talk about on wednesday!
- Bacchus we thank who gave us wine
Which warms the blood within our veins;
That nectar is itself divine.
The man who drinks not, yet attains
By godly grace to human rank
Would be an angel if he drank.
French drinking song (source)
- I'm happy my mom seems to be handling the chaos of a full house. Usually it's just her and her kitty, but now it's also the three daughters, the SIL, and four of the grandkids. Loud and crazy would be an understatement.
- I'm happy Barb is here with me to take some of the slack from the other sister. Seriously. She makes me nuts. But this is not a rant ( I know, I'm repeating myself).
- I am so excited about the turkey! I used a Nigella Lawson recipe for brining the turkey and it's soaking right now. I just stepped out to check on it and it smells soooo good. Thank you Julochka to turning me onto her. Doesn't it look amazing:
- I was so happy to get to spend the entire day with my friend Schmecky (the pseudoblogger) yesterday. We had such a good time. I was going to add some pictures from our day, but I think that'll be a whole other post. I chronicled the whole day. You will like it, I promise.
- Today Barb and I got out of the house and walked down to one of our favorite coffee shops (shhh!! don't tell Starbucks). It's about a mile or so down the mountain and we always walk there at least once to get dough for scones. Yes, I know I could make my own dough, but we love this stuff. Anyway, we had some great photo ops along the way:
A gaggle of geese
One tough guy got scairt...
Barb discovered some really cool 'eye' trees for Julochka...
and we saw a pretty little Mallard and her hubby out for a swim in the stream...
at last we found our way to the promised land...
- I'm happy I got to open my present from hubby early. It's a new camera! I was shocked, I wasn't expecting it at all. There's kind of a funny story that goes along with it. The camera I ended up with is not the one I unwrapped. But it's over and I love it. Its a Canon D50 and I'm so so pleased. I still need to read more of my manual (yes Spud, I blame you for this) but so far I'm amazed and in love.
- Well I think that's about it for me. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas edition of Happy Hour yourself. Be sure to check in with Otie and play along.