I have so much to be thankful for and of course since it's Happy Hour Friday I will share! I just want to mention my wonderfully wonderful bloggy boytoy OTIE because he is the super bestest. Be sure to check him out. I always do (hahahaha)
- It has been a long week and I haven't even been working -- at least not working for pay. Well that's not true, Tuesday I got paid to work as a real life pharmacist (always a good thing!). The week has been so busy for me because I have spent several hours volunteering for the field hockey booster club. It was kinda fun. We went to the high school and sold frozen yogurt. The teens were all so nice and polite to us old farts. It was kinda cool to spend a couple days back in high school. I got to see the jocks, the geeks, the stoners, the math clubbers, the princesses, and quite a few normal people -- well as normal as teenagers can be anyway. There were a couple that looked like they came right out of 1985. It was great!
- Ok but there was this one chick. We only had vanilla ice cream, but we had four choices of toppings (you could have any number of toppings you wanted for no extra charge). Anyway, we had 1 person taking money, one marking down the number of cups sold, and I was scooping out the toppings. Because I was handling food I had to wear gloves (makes sense, right?). Anyway this one girl comes up and asked (politely) for a cup and I asked her what toppings she'd like. She started touching the spoons and stuff that were inside the topping containers and stirring them around. Now, on the one hand this isn't a major issue. However, we were trying to be as careful as possible about having the kids looming over the toppings and I was personally doing the scooping to keep hands out of the bins. One of the other parents politely said not to touch the spoons, took it out of her hand, and replaced it with a new spoon. I then asked her what toppings she wanted. She just turned away from me and pouted and said she didn't care anymore! I just laughed at her and looked at her friend (who was planning on sharing with her) and asked which toppings she'd like. The first girl just continued to pout and sulked away, but the 2nd girl was nice and got the ice cream. After they left the one mom (who is president of the booster club) told me that the pouty girl was a trouble maker and had been kicked off of several soccer teams because of her attitude, and had spent time in "South" ( the alternative school). She said I handled her brilliantly because I didn't let her give me any crap. I did all this without know who this kid was, I just knew she was being a little snot. It kinda made me giggle.
- Muppet, our little foster dog, is going to get tutored tomorrow. I had to drop him off today tho because I'm going out of town trmo. He was so sweet. I believe he has a Forever Home to go to after his surgery. It's a retired lady who wants a friend. He was definitely a snuggle buddy so she should be happy with him. I hope so.
- I tried to put a picture of him here but blogger is being
a shitgoofy. You can see him here tho. Okay... no you can't. He's not on the website anymore. It must be because he really does have his forever home. But I decided to leave the link cuz there are lots of other adorably wonderful doggies that need love.
- You can also go to Barbs site and here too to read about Tommy. You should do it. It's important that you see what kind of people are in the world. It's sick. But it's part of HHF because Tommy is safe now and going to be loved the rest of his little life. Plus I got to see him today and he's gained 8 pounds!!
- I LOST 4 pounds!! Okay yes, it's all water weight but I'd rather it be flowing thru the sewer than sitting on my ass so I'm all for it!
- Oh, duh, I'm going out of town tomorrow. My good friend and fellow H4H board member Joy and I are going to Champaign (UofI) for a Habitat for Humanity International Conference. We are gonna learn all kinds of good stuff to make our chapter better. Plus there's gonna be wine (in the evenings, not during the lectures silly!)
- I was chatting online with Otie today and we were talking about poo. It was funny and made me laugh out loud. Yes, I am amused by bodily functions. Maybe I was a boy in a former life. Or a future one? Maybe I've just been married too long.
- I am super happy that I didn't lose any followers again this week. Sorry I have been MIA but I've been a little busy. No excuse, I understand, but please forgive me! Oh and let's give a warm welcome to Dad, my newest follower, who showed up this week even tho I haven't. You gotta love that.
- I am happy, as I'm sure you are too, that I'm done with this post. Now I'm going to go have a glass of wine.