A week or two ago (I know, I am a total slacker) Jessi from Jessi Bob and the Monsters gave me The Fabu award and I think it is Fabulous!
Here are the rules:
The requirements for this award are to post the award on my blog, linking it to the presenter. Next, I must list my 5 biggest obsessions. Lastly, I must pass this award on to 5 other worthy bloggers. Here are my 5 current biggest obsessions:
- MUMMY TUMMY: Thanks for this wonderful term coined by Spud, it made me laugh. No one said my obsessions had to be good things, just things I'm obsessed with. I happen to be totally obsessed with my muffin top. I wish I had nothing to grab on to, alas that is not the case. I have a disease. It's called Dunlap Syndrome. My belly dun lapped over my pants. Shit.
- WINE: I know I know. The rules didn't say they had to be new obsessions. I just really enjoy a glass or three of wine after dinner. Sometimes with dinner, but that's usually only if we are eating out or if I have a big bold red that needs something to bite into.
- COOKING: Ok, those of you that know me are probably laughing right now. I don't really enjoy cooking per se. I tend to see it as more of a job, like laundry. I like sitting down to family dinners tho, and I like to have my efforts praised (when they deserve it, unlike friday...). However, Julochka and Bee have completely drawn me in and given me inspiration with their new joint blog effort, domestic sensualist. I want to be like them. I want to create dinner, not just slap something together and feed it to my family. I bought an apron. I figured that was a good start.
- ESSENTIAL OILS: You can thank The Fragrant Muse for this one. I've started buying them, but honestly I haven't really don't anything with them yet except look at them. I bought a ring to go over a light bulb but haven't used it yet. I'm planning on giving it a shot tomorrow while sitting in my office with whichever oil is supposed to be good for creativity. I suck. I can't remember which one. I want to say clary sage but I'm too lazy to go up to my office and look.
Spud at Chez Spud
Bee and Julochka at domestic sensualist
Liz at The Fragrant Muse
Barb at Sassy and Ginger Chronicles because she will drink wine with me in person, not just cyberly...
Ok, the second award was given to me by Tori at I'm not in Kalamazoo anymore and it is the Superior Scribbler Award. I'm totally in awe by this because I'm not sure that I'm Superior in anything, let alone Scribbling. Anyway, I accept this award with honor :)
Here are the rules:
1) Post it on my blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his/her blog link, as well as a link to This Post from the original Superior Scribbler!
2) Pass the award to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
3) Add your link to the list of Superior Scribbler Awardees. This will promote your blog AND officially add you as a luminous Superior Scribbler!
Choosing 5 deserving blogs sucks. We all know it. So I'm gonna choose 1, and I think Stacy at Stacy's Random Thoughts should be it. She totally rocks. She makes her own wine for Pete's sake. Well, for her sake anyway, not sure about Pete. She's just fun and witty and I love her blog. She has giveaways too! If you haven't already, be sure to check her out.
that's it for me!!