The Honest Scrap Award rules are as follows:
* “The Honest Scrap” award is not one to hold all to your self but it must be shared!
* The recipient has to tell 10 true things about themselves in their blog that no one else knows.
* The recipient has to pass along this prestigious award to 10 more bloggers.
* Those 10 bloggers all have to be notified they have been given this award.
* Those 10 bloggers should link back to the blog that awarded them.
Here are 10 things some shocking, some not:
1. The story I tell of how I lost my virginity isn't true. Well, it is a true story, but it was the 2nd time, not the first. I don't like the first time. It doesn't suit me or my life. It's not who I am. I choose not to accept it. I don't like it, I don't think about it, and I don't talk about it. And pretty much, as far as I'm concerned, it didn't happen. The way I tell it is how I want to remember it.
2. When I was in about the 2nd grade I wanted a candy lipstick from the 7/11 and my mom wouldn't buy it for me. I pretended like I put it back, but really I just put it in my pocket. You might think that I was young and didn't know any better, but I did know better. That's why I sat under the dining room table to eat it so my mom wouldn't see me.
3. I was a real shit when I was in junior high. I'm surprised my parents didn't ship me off to boarding school or something. By the 8th grade I was the kid that all the other parents wouldn't let play with their kids. Luckily I went to a high school where only a few people knew me and I had the chance to start over.
4. I had a summer of slutdom. It was after a particularly hard break-up and I sought solace where ever I could find it. Amazingly enough, I could find plenty of it. Also amazingly enough, it did nothing to mend my broken heart.
5. I learned the hard way that you couldn't buy love. I bought guys stuff all the time (dinner, a motorcycle, a car, paid rent, etc). They still left, and I was still alone. Sad thing is, I didn't learn after the first guy. Or the second.
7. I have taken 2 dogs and 4 cats to the pound. I don't know if they ever made it out alive. It was several years ago, but I still feel horribly guilty. I volunteer at Hope Rescues as penance.
8. When #5 was in the 6th grade I slapped her across the face. Hard. I was so mad, and she just kept pushing and pushing. She told me I hit like a girl. I couldn't help but laugh.
9. I have been in and out of the shrinks office since junior high. I haven't been since 2005 and this is the longest I think I've gone without one. Most of the time I'm fine about it. But I have one obsession that I can't seem to shake. Although years of shrinking didn't get rid of it either, so maybe it's just a part of me.
10. I had worse things on here, but decided to take them off. Even I know that peoples tolerance has limits. Maybe I'm just an evil person.
Well... there ya go. That's who I am. I decided not to tag anyone because I don't know who wants to share dark secrets. So, please, take it and share so that I don't feel like I'm the only bad guy out there...