Here we are again at another happy hour. What? You mean this looks different? What the heck? Well, don't fret, you're in the right spot. Our dear Otie has decided to take a break from the Happy Hour Scene, but he'll show up once in a while. So since it's just you and me let's belly on up to the bar and start drinking. The others will be a long shortly.
I am happy that I have a collaboration post with GregoryJ from living my life. If you may recall in this weeks RTT, I mentioned the fact that on days I don't work I never get anything done. Greg commented that he and his colleagues were discussing the very same thing. After a few emails back and forth Greg and I came up with the Would-Be Bambi Laws of Non-Accomplishment. Here they are for your general use:
- Time verses Work Accomplished are inversely proportional (T = 1/WA) -- ie the more time you have, the less work gets done
- With an over-abundance of Time minimal Work is achieved (T = -W) -- ie on your day off you won't get anything done
- An over-abundance of Laborers to perform a task is inversely proportional to the Time it takes said task to be achieved (+L = 1/T) -- ie if you have too many people working on a job, the less work actually gets done
- The addition of a Spouse to any Laborer equals less Work Accomplished, unless that Spouse is female, then the addition of a Spouse equals less Work Accomplished Correctly by Laborer and therefore an overall increase in work output (L+S = -WA) or (L+S(f) = -WA(c) = +WA)
- The addition of Children to the Work rena equals twice as much Time spent working but only half as much Work Accomplished [Wa+C = 2T(1/2WA)] -- ie if your kids help, plan on doing it twice
- An increase in Solar Energy equals a decrease in Work Accomplished (+SE = 1/WA) -- ie if it's a beautiful day no work gets done
- A decrease in Solar Energy equals a decrease in Work Accomplished (-SE = -WA) -- ie if it's a crappy day no work gets done
- The Number of times the phone rings is inversely proportional to Work Accomplished (Pn = 1/WA)
- The Number of breaks taken is inversely proportional to amount of Work Accomplished (Nb = 1/WA)
- If Methane gas is expressed, there is no Work Accomplished (CH4 = 0WA) ie if someone farts, work is stopped, room is evacuated
Okay well needless to say, these laws make me happy!
I'm happy that although I was at a meeting and got home late last night, husband was happy I woke him up rather than finish my HHF post. Oops, sorry Otin. That's why it's late.
I'm happy that Barb and I (and spouses of course) are going to see Grease at the Fox tonight. We have front row seats (thanks to hubby's colleague) so that makes it extra happy. Plus we are going out to dinner first, then out for drinks after the show with some of our good friends. All in all I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a fun night. The downside is that I have to get up and work saturday morning.
Saturday night we also have plans. It's the Mice Races, one of Junior Services big fundraisers. It's also a lot of fun so I'm looking forward to it.
Well I guess that's it for me. Sorry I'm late posting, but at least I'm not dead... right?
Link up here with Mr Linky and see who else is playing. Cheers!